Friday, December 31, 2010

The Social Network, the movie

Mark ZuckerbergImage by jdlasica via Flickr//Mark Zuckerberg, in the movie of his life
I avoided for a long time to see the movie about Facebook - or rather, about Facebook founder - because I am more interested in the phenomenon than in the personality. If not Mark Zuckerberg, somebody needed to create this network, as it was in the air of our time: a new generation, new skills and needs. A documentary movie was for me more tempting than an artistic movie.
And, I was right. The movie is focused on Zuckerberg's personality - his conflictual and clumsy social connections of the creator of a popular social network -, with some vague suggestions about the ways in which academia faced the online challenge, or the need to reconsider the intellectual property. From the artistic point of view, I couldn't see anything memorable.
But I don't regret I've seen the movie because I realize now what I will expect from a real documented production about social media and its influence on our times.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment