Friday, December 31, 2010

The best social media tool of the year: Twitter

Expedition 20 Flight Engineers Jeff Williams, ...Image via Wikipedia
I was very active this year on the front of social media, trying at least every day to learn something new, to discover a new application or simply to improve my 2.0 skills. My main focus was to explore how the 2.0 changed our way of life, and I was extremely interested in the influence of the virtual world on the academic life and research.
The best benefits I took from Twitter. I created an account one year and a half ago, but started to use on a daily basis only in March. And, since then, it plays a big part of my virtual life. I found there very interesting people, extremely good resources for what I am interested in and lots of opportunities for expanding my knowledge, including in the area of foreign languages - trying to use my foreign languages for short but efficient communication.
For the next year, I would like to explore more Foursquare for example, as it is a very good tool for marketing and promotion of places and products, but I am sure that Twitter will continue to be a good medium for communication. And, of course, would like to see what's the next diamond in the 2.0 crown.
Wait and see!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment