Thursday, November 11, 2010

Meditations on Scrum and Agile

Punch - The Perfect ScrumImage via Wikipedia




I am not an expert on SCRUM and I assume that I will never be, but I am extremely interested in this new way of managing projects as a part of a revolutionary mindset that I associate with our hi-tech-world. I had the occasion to work in various environments covering various domains, exclusively in the area of PR and communications. But this Department is not an isolated domain and most part of the time you are more exposed than the others to the advantages and disadvantages of the organizational culture and working style of your company. The opportunities opened by SCRUM are, in my opinion, the increase of the level of efficiency, a better time management, a better evaluation of your aims and tools to reach your targets, as an increased efficiency of human resources management. Both the classical and the new way of project and knowledge management are producing results. What the new way of thinking and putting things in perspective is extremely important in delivering fast and within the best organizational matrix. I will have always keep my ears and eyes and mind open to new paradigms and ideas, be case I am convinced on the need to improve my skills and knowledge and, by than, be able to produce and induce change in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment