Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Facebook messaging

PALO ALTO, CA - OCTOBER 06:  Facebook founder ...Image by Getty Images via @daylife

My impressions, as an intensive user of Facebook:
I watched yesterday live the Facebook conference from Palo Alto, for announcing the new e-mail social platform. The persons with expertise in the industry already started giving their opinion on the limits and advantages of this new capabilities added to the social platform.
- The idea to develop the e-mail platform is welcomed. I would need to be able to better organize my e-mail system from Facebook in folders, preferences, categories. I have friends with contacts only on Facebook, and I would like to communicate with them directly on this social platform, instead switching to the usual e-mail.
- I didn't understand very clear the privacy setting for this application. How secure is, for example, the system, for preventing hacking. This new unified formula might be a paradise for the hackers. I don't have all my contacts on the same e-mail, but in the case of Facebook, I could have workmates, family, friends, acquaintances, VIPs. For a hacker, this is opening impressive perspectives on a complex network.
Most probably, there will be introduced other changes and new features once the system will continue to be tested. Don't know if it is good or bad, I would expect more attention for the privacy aspects.

Enhanced by <span class=

No comments:

Post a Comment