Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ask.com is dead!

The Inimitable JeevesImage via Wikipedia
Jeeves, your favorite butler, is nothing more than a good memory of the times when Internet started to enter our lives, little by little. My first experience with the net dates back in 1996 when I had my first job and my first e-mail address, on hotmail, an address that I still have and use once the week. I needed Jeeves for various documentations for my articles, but not extensively as I am doing today. Practically, when I need to write something, a journalistic product, I spend half of the time searching online and the rest writing. And I don't have doubts that the journalistic quality of the works I wrote in late 1990s were inferior to what I am doing now. In some respects, I believe that it is rather the opposite. But, as for the resources themselves, I cannot but be happy living at the beginning of the 21st century and having the occasion to meet Mr. Jeeves.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment