Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The challenge of the next 365 days

Yesterday, in less than 30 minutes, I was holding in a small paper box my new business cards. For the first time after many similar small paper boxes, I knew that these business cards will not need to be changed. Because this time, there is no way back to give up my little business plans and dreams.
One year ago, after some time of reflection and almost 12 months after I decided to give up my corporate business, I knew that travel and writing are the main things that make me happy, besides learning something new every day or learning how to cook or a new foreign language. 
The decision to start working for myself was not 100% selfish. Besides the guarantee of mental sanity, I was also giving myself the chance of being able to fully share everything I always wanted to share: ideas, encouragement, my passion. 
In the last 12 months, things moved steadily, although slowly and with not a few crisis moments. I am sure there will be more to come, as there are thousands of things to be learned in the next 10 days. But I know that whatever will happen, me and my travel blog, will be always around, trying to share experiences and cultural adventures. I also know that I will never give up writing and the work to my book projects. 
Is late in the night and although I should be up very early, I am contemplating tomorrow, one of the most important days of the year, when I should start - finally - behaving as a business woman responsible of her projects that should be presented, outlined and promoted. Meticulously, I set up my agenda and my main meetings, I have more or less ideas about the opportunities and I finally have my business cards to brand my blog. It is a new level and as for now, I have not the slightest idea how things will develop and what clear opportunities will arise. Persistence always helped me and not giving up my dreams and my true vocation brought me here, to this moment today, when I am fully responsible of my revenues and partly the future of my family. 
What will happen I cannot predict right now. Whatever the outcome, I am ready to learn and make corrections. In any case, I will keep doing what I enjoy, because there is no other way back. My black-and-white elegant business cards are the constant reminder of my future. Not yours, hers or other people's future. Mine, only mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment