Thursday, August 9, 2012

Geek recommendations of the week

This week was a very busy week for me, with a lot of work and interesting projects and I hope to continue in this rhythm for the rest of the month. However, I also used my time in a very good way, thanks to Rescue Time application and thus, I limited my social media presence to the basic communication. 

Out of my geek's pocket, a couple of recommendations for the week:

As a dedicated Twitter user, I will start by recommending Tweetcast that I often noticed recommended  by many people interested in mobile Twitter applications. It offers not only multi-account support, but also a good management of the profiles of interesting users from your followers lists, and of the topics of interest. 

If you are a well organized person and you want to have a good control over your time, you should immediately start using - for free - Evernote. It can be accessed from every device and it helps you to save ideas and information in order to be used later on. 

If you are better with the voice notes and you are using an Android, then you should try for less than $2 Dictadroid. All your voice recordings - including music, could be shared automatically via e-mail. Now, your secretary will not have any reason to complain that she did not hear you when you asked her to do something as soon as possible. 

A couple of yours ago, when I left a job for another, an important part of my box was represented by the business cards. Many of them did not know that I have and most part of them were lost anyway since then. Nowadays, you can carry your office with you from a job to another and thanks to ABBYY Business Card Reader all the information on your business cards is digitized and collected by your contact manager. You will automatically have when you need all the phone numbers and e-mails and any other contact information on your business card.

No comments:

Post a Comment