Wednesday, January 30, 2013

PR Brainstorming

I always do what I do with passion and dedication and when I realize that the work I am doing does not represent me (anymore) I give up very easily. It is not the cowardice of facing the difficulties straight away, but the realization of the simple fact that I live only once and if it is to spend part of my life working, I better do something enjoyable.

However, the diversity of my options allows me to juggle with different passions - paid differently. For instance, I loved to do PR and communication in the domain of international relations but for the moment, I limit my passion for this domain to the writing of a couple of articles and reading information about what is going on around the world.

On the other hand, there it is always enough time to put your mind at work. For instance, try to imagine how you will solve certain communication crisis or what solution will you offer in terms of communication plans. I turn some of my ideas into articles, book projects as I do not like at all to miss any opportunity for sharing my standpoints. There are two-fold advantages of such an attitude: on the one hand, it is the idea of keeping updated with the latest news and challenges pertaining your domain. But there it is a psychological advantage too: by writing and brainstorming and discussing eventually with other people involved, there are high chances that the frustration will be kept away. You may be unhappy for not following your passions, because not extremely well paid, but at least you can make this deprivation temporarily, as you continue keeping your feet into another of your professional ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment