Saturday, January 21, 2012

The unhappy true about web content authors

As part of my various professional experiences, writing web-content articles, as a professional and at a professional level was part of the menu. I've found a couple of companies, many of them located in India, happy to hire me for covering their high demands for articles. Generally speaking, in the last three weeks I've covered an impressive amount of topics and issues: technical reviews, real estate, history, entertainment, TV sets and so like.

My acceptance rate increased significantly, the companies are happy. But what about me? After a moderate enthusiasm at the beginning, for a couple of days I am struggling with a deep feeling of sadness. Not because I am wasting my time and words writing about things that usually I never read. But because the prices are lower than the average. For example, what do you think of being paid, for one hour of writing and documentation with the perfect offer of $0.60? The highest level of gain is $2 for 1,000 words that I should write in maximum four hours. Usually, this kind of article is very sophisticated and require an impressive amount of time for reading, organizing the materials and writing as I should deliver THE BEST, as I am told on a very capitalist tone for the success fee I am offered.

Despite the need to be involved somehow in profit-oriented projects, I decided today that it is better to stop this collaboration. For the sake of the words I am asked to polish every day.

Freelancing is interesting, but not always rewarding.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment