Monday, May 2, 2011

Where you've been when Osama was killed?

Early 1950s Television SetImage by gbaku via Flickr
My personal story: for the history of the online world - I was sleeping. When I woke up, I didn't switch on the TV set or open the website of my favorite international newspapers. Not at all, I logged to my Twitter account and to my Facebook account. Since then - the last 5 hourst - I am permanently browsing social media for updates.

But ten years ago... when 11/9 occured, I was in the front of the TV. For a final confirmation, I called several of my friends from NYC asking them what it is all about... The whole operation lasted about 5 hours.

What about you? What kind of recent experience do you have with social media as a source of direct news and information?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment