Sunday, March 27, 2011

Book review: Selling without selling

Without being a sales person or having any professional trace in this domain, I found a couple of inspiration for my daily professional, academic and even personal journeys in this book Selling without selling. The title in itself is an invitation to open the book and I didn't wait too long until I lost myself for a couple of hours into the comfort of my couch.
Don't expect nothing spectacular from this book. There are many simple reminders we have to deal generally in our social life: control the body language, keeping a medium to high level of social interactivity, use a positive vocabulary, think and observe twice before intervening in a conversation, care and relate to your audience. It might be easy and at the beginning of the book I was about to leave the lecture as convinced that it is nothing new I will learn out of it. But, in fact, although there were well-known ideas and practices, I realized that I didn't use them in a coherent way. Or that despite the fact that practicing some of the advices, the connection with other aspects of my PR and communications activities are rather superficial.
Overall, an easy but useful lecture for a lunch break or for a cloudy Sunday morning!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment