Thursday, January 6, 2011

Starbucks is coffee!?

Starbucks UenoImage via Wikipedia
The redesign of the logo unveiled, for celebrating the 40th anniversary of the icon company, this year: No name, no mention of this is a coffee. If I consider this not a bad strategy for the US and maybe some parts of Europe, I am wondering what it will be the plan of rising awareness in a geographical place where Starbucks is entering the market. There were some moves regarding the rebranding in 2009, preparing in a way the big move.
And, to end in a personal note, a very short and moving note about my love for Starbucks: for me, the big mug of coffee is the symbol of freedom you breath when you are wandering on the streets of NYC or Washington DC. And it will always be, whatever the anti-globalist, anti-corporatists and other "anti-" categories (whose points of view I respect, as long as they don't preach violence). For me, living in a country without a Starbucks was a reminder that I am still far away of my land of freedom.
Nobody's happy, isn't it?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment