Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vimeo

If in the domain of "writing" networks I consider myself at the intermediate to advanced level, the audio-visual aspects are strictly limited. I use youtube for very limited and personal reasons - watching some free movies or music or some documentaries. But, as in the last months I am more and more interested from the very practical point of view on the visual aspects, I am exploring new areas and opportunities. The newest one for me is vimeo, a community for creative people and creators.

There are two options for the subscribers: the free - for "casual creators"- and the paid version, for those who need more space to upload and more networking opportunities. Basically, it is functioning as any other open social network: you could subscribe to the channels you are interested in - documentary, or short movies, various competitions and festivals - you could add friends and be part of discussions, you could share your own works. After a short look, I concluded that, in comparison with youtube, vimeo it is more tailored and less commercial, with a highest opportunity for developing online learning classes. Me, for example, I didn't hesitate any second to register for a photography video class I am waiting to explore in the coming days. Looking farther for new opportunities and exposure!

No comments:

Post a Comment