Friday, April 2, 2010

Quality and quantity and quality and quantity

I've intensively been busy the last days with reading and getting as much as possible information about the "global" writing market. More precisely, looked after blogs of writers and about writing and style and literature online. From tweet posts to various blogs and online literary agents. One interest is purely personal and direct, as I am preparing to reshape my career in literature writing, with some children books I am planning to finish in the coming months - the illustrations included. Another interest is related to the profession of writing and the ways in which Internet could be used to address this kind of questions, not always involving a very public side. You could write for yourself and the idea of sharing to anonymous eyes your writings is for some a voyeurism not wholeheartely accepted.

Hope to be able to follow some of the advices I've found out and to put into practice a couple of the ideas I went through this intensive reading. As I hope to improve considerably my writing skills.

As for the market, I have a very banal conclusion: the opportunities are impressive and the choices huge. Writing is an ovewhelmingly global trend and the area of subjects covered is enormous. What does it makes the difference? The quality of the words from a sentence, of the sentences from the paragraph, of the paragraphs of a post. In other words, the survival of the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment